Transitions - STAS is a community-based treatment stabilization and assessment program offering a caring and supportive healing home for New Jersey youth ages 13-17.
The program provides a comprehensive structured group home environment where youth stay for 45-75 days. Each child receives a comprehensive assessment designed to identify their strengths and capacity, as well as their future placement needs. By working closely with each youth, their family/caregivers, and the Division of Child Protection and Permanency, the program identifies the least restrictive, most appropriate level of care upon discharge. Family reunification is the primary goal whenever possible. Highly qualified counselors work closely with youth and families to provide diagnostic assessment, counseling, educational services, social skills training, and job readiness training.
- short-term safe, supportive, supervised living
- strength-based diagnostic assessments
- family reunification services
- on-site educational services
- recreational and leisure activities
- life and social skills training
- individual, group, and family counseling
- advocacy and referral services