Start a Collection
It starts with one. It starts with you. You can be the one to provide help a child or a family in need through your donation of essential items.
Right now there is an urgent need for essential items to support children and families in your community. Energetic and dedicated community members like you are needed to lead collections of these high-need items. The following types of new items are needed: newborn/baby essentials, duffle bags, winter coats, clothing, pajamas, art supplies, books, essential hygiene items and household items, and birthday gift items.
Collections are great way for corporate groups, students, community groups or individuals to make and immediate and postive impact on the lives of children and families in need of help. Take action to help meet urgent needs in our community. Your help to coordinate a collection of new, high need items will make an impact in your community. Please note: Center For Family Services is able to accept new items only. We cannot accept used items of any kind.
Another great way for you to make an impact is to use your power as an influencer to spread the word about the need for monetary donations to the Caring Community fund to cover the purchase of essential items:
Your help is needed to collect the following new items to create Healing Kits to support children and adults in healing through creative expression.
- Small containers of bubbles (6 or 8 oz.)
- Small personal white boards and whiteboard markers
- Emoticon stickers
- Photo boxes
- Games that could be used for therapeutic purposes like Jenga, Connect 4, Elefun, Ungame, Checkers, or Uno
- Kinetic Sand and Sand Trays
- Hoberman Mini Spheres
- Small plastic mason jars
- Glitter glue
- Colored tissue paper
- Small terra cotta pots
- Small rocks and stones
- Metallic markers that write on rocks and stones
- Markers and containers for markers
- Note: each kit does not need to contain every single item, however a variety of items in each kit is helpful.
Your can coordinate a collection of needed items. Or, you can make a monetary donation and spread the word about the need for monetary donations to cover the purchase of healing kit items for the families in our care through our Caring Community Fund. Optional: We can order the needed items with your donations and your group can pack the kits.
Your help is needed to collect newborn and baby essentials. Join this effort by collecting:
- diapers and wipes
- new pajamas
- new board books (bilingual a plus) - for newborns, toddlers, and preschool age children
- educational & developmental toys
- care packages for moms
- VISA gift card or gift cards to stores like Walmart, Target, and grocery stores (Acme, Shoprite) to purchase diapers, essentials, and clothing as babies grow
Please note: we can accept brand new items only.
You can coordinate a collection of needed items. Or, you can make a monetary donation and spread the word about the need for monetary donations to cover the purchase of these new essential items for moms and babies (in correct sizes to best meet the needs of current families in our care) through our Caring Community Fund. Optional: We can order the needed items with your donations and your group can package for each mom/baby.
Your support in coordinating a collection of new duffle bags will help the teens and young adults living in our homes with a sensible means of transporting their personal belongings as they transition back to their families or to another caring home. Donations of the following new items are needed:
- Duffle bags - all styles and colors (expandable bags or foldable bags are best)
- Backpacks appropriate for travel
Many times, children and teens come to us with just the clothes on their backs. While in our care, we provide them with life's essentials, a safe place to live, a warm bed, clothing, and new sheets and towels so they can focus on healing and moving forward.
You can coordinate a collection of needed items. Or, make a monetary donations and spread the word about the need for monetary donations to cover the purchase of duffle in the favorite styles/colors of the children in our care through our Caring Community Fund.
You help is needed to make sure a child stays warm this winter!
There is a need for new coats for:
- newborns and toddlers
- children and teens
- young adults
Lead a collection of brand new winter coats to help children and families in need. Or, your monetary donations to support our Caring Community Fund will cover the purchase of new coats for children in our care.
You can play a role in expanding enrichment and recreational activities for the children in our care. Your donations will provide opportunities for fun outings that expand horizons and allow kids to be kids.
We are in need of:
- soccer balls, volleyballs, basketballs
- hydration/water bottles
- arts & crafts supplies - canvas & paints or bracelet making kits
- ear buds and headphones
- tickets to movies
- gift cards to restaurants
- tickets to theatre, amusement parks, water parks, sporting events, concerts, museums
Your monetary donations to support our Caring Community Fund will expand opportunities for these types of fun and enriching outings.
There is an ongoing need for new clothing and shoes for the children and teens living in our care.
Your monetary donation to the Caring Community Fund will provide an opportunity for us to select clothing in the appropriate size to fit each child/teen/young adult in our care.
Hundreds of teens, mothers, and children find a safe place to live at Center For Family Services. You can help by providing each child, teen and mother with essential items that will help them to feel at home and ready to start their journey towards self-sufficiency and healing.
You involvment will ensure essential items are available. We need your help with:
New Hygiene Items
- Body wash
- Bar soap
- Feminine Products
New Household Items
- Twin or full sheets
- Bath towels and wash cloths
- Throw blankets
- Inspirational wall art
- Baking sheets
- Mixing bowls
- Non-breakable & dishwasher safe dishes
- Pots and pans
Your help is needed to provide pajamas to children in need. Get involved by leading a pajama collection in your neighborhood or place of work. Donations of new pajamas for boys and girls of all ages (size newborn to adult) are needed.
We need your help with:
- new onsies and pajamas for newborns and babies
- new pajamas for toddlers and preschoolers
- new pajamas and loungewear for teens
- new socks and underwear
Your involvement in coordinating a book donation collection (new books) will build at home libraries and expand classroom libraries. Collect new books for babies, toddlers, and preschool age children:
- board books for newborns and babies.
- board books for toddlers.
- picture books for preschool age children.
Bilingual books a plus!
Your help is needed to provide essential items for people who are currently or have been recently homeless due to addiction. These essential items send a message of support for people as they follow a path to recovery. Family members with loved ones experiencing addiction will also benefit from recovery self care items. You can help by collecting any of these new items:
- mini journals
- stress balls
- dry shampoo
- baby wipes/hand wipes
- gum, candy
- nail polish
- nail care items
- adult coloring books
- book marks with inspirational sayings
- aroma therapy items: lotion, bath bombs, oils (dollar store)
- massage tools like hand rollers or feet rollers (dollar store)
- gift cards to Wawa or Starbucks
- Note: each bag does not need to contain every single item, however a variety of items is helpful.
You can coordinate a collection of needed items. Or, you can spread the word about the need for monetary donations to cover the purchase of recovery self care items through our Caring Community Fund. Optional: we can order the needed items with your donations and your group can pack the kits.
Birthdays are a special day, and your help is needed to make sure every young person in our care feels special on their birthday, including the children and teens who are living in our homes and are without the support of family.
You can be the one to make a child's birthday special. Start a collection to support the Birthday Giving Project by collecting birthday boxes filled with fun items that will make a child feel special on their birthday including things like:
- Birthday card
- Plates, napkins, streamers, candles, and other birthday goodies and decorations
- Gift items: journal, colorful pens, adult coloring book, colored pencils, wireless earbuds, $10 gift cards to Wawa, Cabana, movie theatre.
- Gift card to ShopRite for birthday cake
- Gift card (for birthday gift) to any of the following: Amazon, Walmart, Target, VISA, or Amex
- Gift bag and tissue paper or wrapping paper
Your help is needed to coordiante a collection of new items or to spread the word about the need for monetary donations to the Caring Community Fund to cover the purchase of items to help children and families in need.