OASIS Youth Services Program of Cape May County provides 24-hour emergency shelter to children age 10-18 offering a safe haven for children experiencing a personal or family crisis, as well as for children who are homeless or children who have runaway or been abused. OASIS provides a caring and healing home while children receive support and work on their future with the goal of family reunification. When this is not possible, we work to connect children with alternative, stable living arrangements.
The following support services are provided at OASIS:
- temporary care such as food, clothing, medical attention and recreation
- individual, group, parent and family counseling
- substance abuse prevention and education
- youth advocacy with DCPP, schools, courts, and police
- educational assistance and life-skills training
For information on the National Runaway Switchboard, please call 1.800.runaway or visitwww.1800runaway.org