Life Skills provides adolescents, age 14-20, with the skills necessary to grow into successful, confident adults through professional counseling and vocational training. The 12-month program connects adolescents with counselors who provide hands-on individualized life skills instriction provided in-home, in-community, and on-site.
Program goals include:
- Economic self-sufficiency
- Healthy lifestyles
Comprehensive support will be give to participants through:
- Essential life skills lessons, such as budgeting and time management
- Compassionate counseling and peer support
- Career guidance catered to individual needs
- Assistance applying for high education
Life Skills is available for individuals residing in Essex County, New Jersey with DCP&P involvement. Youth who have achieved permanency through KLG or adoption between the ages of 16-20 are also eligible for the program.