Healthy Families provides early intervention and family support services, helping expectant and new mothers build strong, healthy relationships with their babies through in-home visits. The program offers support to pregnant women, women with a new born up to 2 weeks of age, and women receiving TANF benefits who have children under 1 year of age who reside in Camden County.
Our Family Support Workers offer support and guide clients in getting community services like housing, education, childcare, and job training. Parents can receive voluntary and free help with learning about child developmental changes. Through in-home visits that include role playing and modeling techniques, parents are shown how to read and play with their children, discipline appropriately, and how to dress and care for their child. Services include:
- sharing ideas on caring for newborns & toddlers
- assisting families in connecting with a medical provider
- ensuring child immunization schedule is followed
- supporting families in the home
- providing links to educational & job placement resources
- connecting families to community & housing resources
Through the Healthy Families program, we help Camden County families get babies off to a happy, healthy start. All services are free & voluntary.