Center For Family Services is a leading non-profit social services provider. At Center For Family Services, you will find trusted care in convenient locations across New Jersey. The top workplace team at Center For Family Services has a professional commitment to high-quality services. Dedicated employees provide compassionate and comprehensive care. The goal is for every person to reach their full potential.
Center For Family Services experienced rapid growth over the last decade, expanding to include a wide range of specialized care to meet the growing and changing needs across New Jersey. Headquartered in Camden City, Egg Harbor Township, East Orange, and Washington, New Jersey, Center For Family Services offers life-changing services in convenient and accessible locations across the state.
With a proven track record of accomplishments working with neighborhood residents, schools, government leaders, corporate partners, and social service providers across the community, Center For Family Services is a force for positive change. The strong network of more than 1500 dedicated staff are the most valuable asset and resource at Center For Family Services. Center For Family Services is an employer and a service provider dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. Cultural competence and awareness is a critical component of workplace culture and service delivery.
Whether it’s a child who is ready for preschool, a teen in need of the support of a mentor, a child without a safe place to call home, a family facing the trauma of domestic violence, a person seeking help for an addiction, or a family in crisis, Center For Family Services is trusted to help people heal, find comfort, and build the foundation for a successful future.
The mission of Center For Family Services is to support and empower individuals, families, and communities to achieve a better life through vision, hope, and strength. The vision of Center For Family Services is for all people to lead capable, responsible, fulfilled lives in strong families and healthy communities.
1. To respect the dignity and worth of each individual by providing professional services with compassion and humility.
2. To provide direct services to individuals and families through therapy, education, counseling, shelter, support, and advocacy.
3. To ensure ethical and moral conduct at all times and in all relationships.
4. To honor diversity and to provide services with sensitivity to differences in race, culture, gender, language, age, religion, disability, and sexual orientation.
5. To ensure access to services through overcoming barriers, vigorous outreach, and service delivery in homes, schools, and the community.
6. To take a leadership role with other community members in planning and advocating to improve social conditions on a local, state, and national level.
7. To hold ourselves professionally accountable for our effectiveness by measuring the outcomes and impact of agency services.
8. To create a work environment that honors our staff as our most valuable resource.
9. To establish the agency as a continually learning, adaptive, and innovative organization that expands services to meet challenging community needs.
10. To maintain quality and excellence in all agency activities.
Center For Family Services maintains a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The mission and vision of Center For Family Services rests on a foundation that prioritizes the identification, development and provision of culturally accessible and responsive services.
Center For Family Services prioritizes diversity, and linguistic and cultural competence as important factors that impact hiring, training and program practices. Staff represent and are knowledgeable about the cultures and communities they serve. "Everyone Belongs" messaging is displayed throughout employee and visitor spaces at Center For Family Services, reinforcing a shared commitment and mutual respect of staff and clients, one that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Staff are introduced to an “Everyone Belongs” culture during onboarding, and staff participate in trainings and professional development activities to equip them with the tools necessary to meet the growing and changing needs in New Jersey communities. Training topics include unconscious bias, cultural intelligence, team building, women in the workforce, and generational diversity. Additionally, Center For Family Services hosts a well-coordinated set of activities throughout the year to engage staff in a variety of learning opportunities focused on diversity, equity and inclusion.
Cultural competence and awareness is a critical component of workplace culture and service delivery.
Statements from our CEO, Richard Stagliano
Learn more about Center For Family Services involvement in community-focused initiatives:
- Stand.Speak.Empower is a year-round campaign focused on raising awareness and promoting the prevention of sexual violence, domestic violence, and human trafficking.
- Kaleidoscope is a youth-centric LGBTQ alliance with services to support and empower teens and young adults.
- Cure4Camden is a violence intervention and prevention effort focused on stopping the spread of violence.
- Traumatic Loss Coalitions for Youth provide support in the aftermath of a traumatic event.
- Camden Promise Neighborhood is a community-focused effort to improve opportunities for children in Camden through a birth-to-college-and-career continuum of services.