If someone you care about has a mental illness, you are not alone.
Intensive Family Support Services offers comprehensive support and education services for family members and friends of individuals living with mental illness.
For family members and friends of a loved one experiencing severe mental health problems, coping with symptoms and behaviors associated with mental illness can be very difficult.
Intensive Family Support Services helps families and friends to:
- Become educated regarding the causes of mental illness and available treatments
- Reduce feelings of isolation
- Recognize the different types of mental illness
- Maintain and enrich relationships with the mentally ill relative or friend
- Learn how to effectively manage crisis situations
- Learn about a broad range of community resources and supports
Program services include:
- Family support groups
- Respite services
- Information and referrals
- Psycho-educational workshops
- Way2Go Transport
Professionally trained staff offer flexible meeting hours and are available to meet with you in your home, in the community, or at one of our office locations.
All services are free.
For immediate assistance, call the Crisis Intervention 24-Hour Hotline at 908.454.5141.
492 Rt. 57 West, Washington, NJ - 908.689.1000 x73308
108 Bilby Road, Ste. 302, Hackettstown, NJ - 908.852.0333
370 Memorial Parkway, Phillipsburg, NJ - 908.454.4470
Or connect by email at [email protected]
Support Group Meeting Schedule
- Phillipsburg Office - 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month from 10am-11:45am
- Hackettstown Office - 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month from 10am-11:45am
- Washington Twp. Office - 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month from 4pm-6pm
- NAMI Warren County - Twice a month. For more information call, 908.301.1030 x2 or email [email protected]
NJ Department of Human Services, Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services