Peaceful Tomorrows provides youth and parents who have experienced domestic violence with a safe environment to heal from the effects of trauma.
Throughout a period of 12-15 individual and joint parent-child sessions, Peaceful Tomorrows staff provide a safe and supportive environment to express emotions and explore nonviolent ways of managing anger. Counselors employ proven theraputic methods to help participants feel empowered to make choices, improve their own confidence and self-esteem, and heal from the trauma of domestic violence.
Peaceful Tomorrows goals include:
- Develop skills to cope with the impact of violence
- Reduce trauma reactions
- Decrease feelings of stress
- Improve parenting practices
- Increase positive communication between youth and their parent
- Re-establish a positive connectedness to the adult world
Phone: 1.800.225.0196 (Cumberland County), 1.866.295.7378 (Gloucester County)
Gloucester and Cumberland County youth age 3-18 with a non-offending parent who have been exposed to domestic violence are eligible to participate in Peaceful Tomorrows.
New Jersey Department of Children and Families