IMANI Teen Partial Care program is a community-based, partial care program for Camden County boys and girls age 13-17 (18 if still in high school) designed to prevent out of home placement. IMANI is a structured program designed to support and encourage youth experiencing emotional and behavioral challenges and their families. Services offered at IMANI are multidisciplinary and designed to promote positive youth development.
IMANI at a Glance:
- Structured, safe, nurturing setting for teens ages 13-17
- Weekdays from 4pm-8pm (enroll for a minimum of 3 days per week)
- Transportation provided
- Daily healthy snack and home-style family dinners
- Optional Saturday activities for all youth
- Monthly trips
- Summer program weekdays from 10am-3:30pm
- Individual, group, and family counseling and therapy
- Therapeutic goal setting and motivation for learning
- Team building and peer relations
- Life skills training
- Substance abuse prevention and education
- Enthusiastic staff including Master Level Clinicians and Licensed Staff Clinicians
- Daily mental health based groups focused on needs such as conflict resolution, self-esteem, and anger management
- Treatment modalities including cognitive behavioral therapy, anxiety-stress relaxation, and creative arts techniques
- Psychiatric consultation and medication monitoring
Youth who attend school in the community will be supported in doing so through transportation to IMANI after school. IMANI is a less restrictive environment than a residential treatment program, but more restrictive than traditional outpatient services. The program specializes in providing support to youth to promote higher levels of self respect and respect for others.
- Boys and girls ages 13-17 (18 if still in high school) from Camden County.
- Living with family, in an alternative family, or in a group home.
- A history of lack of success in other counseling or community service programs.
- Exhibit behavioral or emotional disturbances that interfere with functioning in a family setting
- At risk of out-of-home placement or hospitalization.
- For information on exclusionary criteria, contact our program staff.