Services Empowering Rights of Victims (SERV) recently launched additional efforts to support survivors of domestic and sexual violence in lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and other sexual and gender minority (LGBTQ+) communities. The goal of this expansion is to ensure we provide:
- Tailored support and counseling for LGBTQ+ survivors
- Outreach with LGBTQ+ communities in South Jersey
- Contact with professionals who serve these communities
- Education and prevention through community awareness
- Training and technical assistance to build inclusive, affirming environments for LGBTQ+ survivors and their significant others
If you or someone you know is experiencing sexual or domestic violence and needs to talk, our hotline is a free 24-hour phone service that will pair you with a SERV advocate. You can also speak with us online by leaving a message in the chat feature (look for the box in the bottom right corner of this page).
Our team of Domestic Violence and Sexual Violence Response Team Advocates are available to support victims and survivors of domestic and sexual violence 24/7 with phone counseling, referrals, and information through SERV's hotlines. All calls are free and confidential.
To reach our team of certified advocates, contact:
- Camden & Gloucester Counties: 1-866-295-SERV (7378)
- Cumberland County: 1-800-225-0196
SERV offers counseling services to help survivors process trauma, increase healthy coping strategies, and create support systems.
Counseling services are available for victims and survivors of domestic and sexual violence and non-offending significant others.
Services are offered to all ages, and are available in both English and Spanish.
Individual counseling services are available Monday through Saturday, with both day and evening appointments.
Our clients encompass all ages, socio-economic levels, disabilities, races, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations.
SERV offers ongoing support groups to survivors and can help connect survivors with other support groups within the community.
Weekly group counseling available for adult victims of sexual and domestic violence.