Individual Volunteer Opportunities
Dedicate time to facilitate a lasting impact through a weekly or monthly commitment to volunteering. The descriptions below are our volunteering opportunities for individuals who are available to volunteer on an ongoing, frequent basis.
Activity LeaderApply Now
The Family Success Centers, located in Clementon, Blackwood, Atco, and Camden, are community-based, family-centered neighborhood gathering places where any community resident can go for family support, information, and services. Through the Family Success Center, we provide families with convenient access to a wide array of services and family friendly activities offered on a daily basis. Here are a few ideas of activities that can be led by volunteers in our Family Success Centers:
- Tutoring children
- Coordinating arts and crafts activities
- Leading workshops
- Offering computer skills training
Our residential programs provide safe and supportive housing to children and teens in need of a safe place to live. These programs in Camden and Gloucester Counties provide young people with a stable foundation and strengthen their ability for self-sufficiency. Here are some ideas of activities that can be led by volunteers in our residential programs:
- Baking cookies every Sunday
- Leading a sewing or tailoring workshop
- Leading a workshop for poetry, creative writing, singing, or another form of artistic expression
- Creating and leading a fitness, wellness, or nutrition class
Baby's Best StartApply Now
- Leading themed activities
- Assisting the group facilitator
- Translating sessions and materials to Spanish
- Reading with one child or a group of children during childcare session as part of our Born to Read initiative
- Assisting with dinner
Born to ReadApply Now
If you love reading, enjoy working with children, and can commit to one hour of volunteering per week, then this is the perfect volunteer position for you....and your time and energy will make a real difference in the lives of the children we serve! Reading Volunteers are placed in the same classroom for one hour a week for the course of the school year. Volunteers read with children one-to-one promoting literacy skills and encouraging a love of reading.
We are currently recruiting parent volunteers and community volunteers to commit to one hour a week of volunteer time in one of our Head Start classrooms (we have 9 different Head Start locations in Camden City and Camden County) to read one-to-one with children. A one hour volunteer training is provided and background checks are required for all volunteers.
Living Proof Recovery CenterApply Now
- Telephone & Community Outreach
- Workshop Facilitator
- Support Group Leader
- Special Events Organizer
- Front Desk Assistance
- Office Maintenance
SERV Sexual Violence AdvocateApply Now
- be 18 years of age
- Complete 40 hours of CSVA training (for volunteers only serving Camden) and pass the Sexual Violence Advocate exam / Complete the 60 hours of CSVA and DVRT training (for Gloucester and Cumberland Counties) and pass the dual Domestic & Sexual Violence Advocate exam
Center For Family Services provides the volunteer advocate training program several times throughout the year. For more information or to register for the next training session, please complete the form at the bottom of this page.
SERV Domestic Violence AdvocateApply Now
- be 18 years of age
- Complete 60 hours of CSVA and DVRT training (for volunteers in Cumberland and Gloucester County) and pass the dual Domestic & Sexual Violence Advocate exam.
Center For Family Services provides the volunteer advocate training program several times throughout the year. For more information and to register for the next training session, please complete the form at the bottom of this page.
SERV Anti-Human Trafficking AdvocateApply Now
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Have access to transportation
- Must be compassionate, empathetic, and victim-centered
- Undergo a background check
21 hours of training are required for this position and training will be held in Vineland, NJ. The opportunity takes place in Camden, Gloucester and Cumberland counties.
LifelineED Volunteer Recovery SpecialistApply Now
Volunteers will be on-call for at least one 12 hour shift each week (2 or more preferred). Available shifts are Thursday night through Monday morning. We ask that volunteers commit to at least one year of service.
Volunteers must have:
- Associate's Degree preferred. High School Diploma or equivalency required
- Minimum of two years' experience in the guiding principles of recovery that assist individuals to improve the health and wellness and live a self-directed life.
- Knowledge of community and statewide treatment and recovery options.
- Ability to travel to hospitals in Camden in 30 minutes or less.
- Comfort using technology, especially tablets and smartphones.
- Personal cell phone.