Who We Are
Center For Family Services offers a full range of services across New Jersey
Center For Family Services is a strong and innovative non-profit organization dedicated to improving lives. With services across New Jersey and a history dating back to 1920, Center For Family Services is committed to uplifting individuals and families through our innovative continuum of care.
Headquartered on Benson Street in Camden City, New Jersey, Center For Family Services has office locations and programs across the State of New Jersey.
Our 100-year history includes humble beginnings with programs that only scratched the surface of the challenges our community faced. Today, our continuum of care is strong, robust, evidence-based and ever-changing to meet the needs of each child, individual, family in our care across the State of New Jersey.
With a professional commitment to high quality services, our employees balance best practice and cutting edge approaches with personalized care to improve the lives of those we serve.
Center For Family Services is a force for positive change in our community. We have a proven track record of accomplishments working with neighborhood residents, schools, government leaders, corporate partners, and social service providers across the community. Recognized as a top workplace in the greater Philadelphia region, our network of more than 1400 staff are our most valuable asset and resource. Through a wide range of specialized services, Center For Family Services supports people in finding the vision, the hope, and the strength for a better life.
Whether it’s a child who is ready for preschool, a young person in need of the support of a mentor, a teen without a safe place to call home, a family facing the trauma of domestic violence, a person seeking help for an addiction, or a family in crisis, our dedicated staff are here to help. We are here to heal, educate, and protect children and families. Our goal is to break the cycle of poverty, violence, trauma, and addiction and to help people to overcome obstacles, to find comfort, and to build the foundation for a successful future.
Through our work, we improve lives.
The mission of Center For Family Services is to support and empower individuals, families, and communities to achieve a better life through vision, hope, and strength.
The vision of Center For Family Services is for all people to lead capable, responsible, fulfilled lives in strong families and healthy communities.
1. To respect the dignity and worth of each individual by providing professional services with compassion and humility.
2. To provide direct services to individuals and families through therapy, education, counseling, shelter, support, and advocacy.
3. To ensure ethical and moral conduct at all times and in all relationships.
4. To honor diversity and to provide services with sensitivity to differences in race, culture, gender, language, age, religion, disability, and sexual orientation.
5. To ensure access to services through overcoming barriers, vigorous outreach, and service delivery in homes, schools, and the community.
6. To take a leadership role with other community members in planning and advocating to improve social conditions on a local, state, and national level.
7. To hold ourselves professionally accountable for our effectiveness by measuring the outcomes and impact of agency services.
8. To create a work environment that honors our staff as our most valuable resource.
9. To establish the agency as a continually learning, adaptive, and innovative organization that expands services to meet challenging community needs.
10. To maintain quality and excellence in all agency activities.
In addition to our many programs, Center For Family Services is committed to several important community focused initiatives.
- Camden Promise Neighborhood is a birth to college and career pathway of comprehensive services designed to provide opportunities for every child to reach his/her full potenital.
- Stand.Speak.Empower is a year round campaign focused on raising awareness and promoting the prevention of sexual violence, domestic violence, and human trafficking.
- Born to Read is a grade level reading initiative that supports children in a path to grade level reading.
- Kaleidoscope is a youth-centric LGBTQ alliance designed to empower youth.
- Cure4Camden is a violence intervention and prevention effort focused on stopping the spread of violence.
- Traumatic Loss Coalitions for Youth provide support in the aftermath of a traumatic event.