Center For Family Services is a strong and innovative non profit organization dedicated to improving lives. With a history dating back to 1920, we remain committed to uplifting individuals and families through our innovative continuum of care.
Headquartered on Benson Street in the heart of Camden’s Lanning Square neighborhood, Center For Family Services has office locations and programs at more than 50 locations across New Jersey's southern region.
With a professional commitment to high quality services, our employees balance best practice and cutting edge approaches with personalized care to have the greatest impact in improving the lives of everyone we serve.
Center For Family Services has been a force for positive change since 1920. We have a proven track record of accomplishments working with neighborhood residents, schools, government leaders, corporate partners, and social service providers across the community. Recognized as a top workplace in the greater Philadelphia region, our network of more than 700 staff are our most valuable asset and resource. Through more than 70 programs, we offer a wide range of services that support people in finding the vision, the hope, and the strength for a better life.
Whether it’s a child who is ready for preschool, a young person in need of the support of a mentor, a teen without a safe place to call home, a family facing the trauma of domestic violence, a person seeking help for an addiction, or a family in crisis, our dedicated staff are here to help. We are here to heal, educate, and protect children and families. Our goal is to break the cycle of poverty, violence, trauma, and addiction and to help people to overcome obstacles, to find comfort, and to build the foundation for a successful future.
Through our work, we improve lives. If you are interested in being a part of positive change in our community, consider joining our dedicated team of professionals.
The mission of Center For Family Services is to support and empower individuals, families, and communities to achieve a better life through vision, hope, and strength.
The vision of Center For Family Services is for all people to lead capable, responsible, fulfilled lives in strong families and healthy communities.
1. To respect the dignity and worth of each individual by providing professional services with compassion and humility.
2. To provide direct services to individuals and families through therapy, education, counseling, shelter, support, and advocacy.
3. To ensure ethical and moral conduct at all times and in all relationships.
4. To honor diversity and to provide services with sensitivity to differences in race, culture, gender, language, age, religion, disability, and sexual orientation.
5. To ensure access to services through overcoming barriers, vigorous outreach, and service delivery in homes, schools, and the community.
6. To take a leadership role with other community members in planning and advocating to improve social conditions on a local, state, and national level.
7. To hold ourselves professionally accountable for our effectiveness by measuring the outcomes and impact of agency services.
8. To create a work environment that honors our staff as our most valuable resource.
9. To establish the agency as a continually learning, adaptive, and innovative organization that expands services to meet challenging community needs.
10. To maintain quality and excellence in all agency activities.
In addition to our many programs, Center For Family Services is committed to several important community focused initiatives.
- Camden Promise Neighborhood is dedicated to creating a cradle to college and career pipeline for children living within the promise neighborhood footprint.
- Cure4Camden is a violence intervention and prevention effort focused on stopping the spread of violence.
- Camden Promise Zone is a federal designation that provides a commitment on the part of the federal government to work strategically with state and local leaders to boost economic activity and job growth, improve educational opportunities, reduce crime, and leverage private investment to improve the quality of life of residents.
- Stand.Speak.Empower is a year round campaign focused on raising awareness and promoting the prevention of sexual violence, domestic violence, and human trafficking.
- Born to Read is a grade level reading initiative for children focused on a path to grade level reading.
- Kaleidoscope is a youth-centric LGBTQ alliance designed to empower youth.