Center for Family Services’ Camden Promise Neighborhood Hosts Trumpet Chics at Annual Black History Month Celebration
Camden, NJ – Center for Family Services’ Camden Promise Neighborhood hosted its 2nd Annual Black History Month Celebration on Saturday, February 23rd.
The celebration, held at the Chelton Terrace Community Center featured performances by the Trumpet Chics, an all-female trumpet band based out of Camden’s Creative Arts High School.
“This year's Black History Month Celebration was a great opportunity to bring the community together to celebrate Camden’s rich talent and diversity and connect families to resources.”,” said Merilee Rutolo, COO at Center for Family Services.
In an effort to highlight Camden youth and the importance of community service, three students, representing the elementary, middle and high school grades were presented with the “Making a Difference” award in recognition of their commitment to community service in the city of Camden.
Camden Promise Neighborhood Team
- Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers
- Camden City School District
- Camden County College
- Camden County Police Department
- Camden High School
- Campbell Soup Company
- Center For Family Services
- City of Camden
- Community Planning and Advocacy Council
- Community Residents
- Cooper Foundation
- Cooper University Hospital
- Cooper Medical School at Rowan University
- Cooper Lanning Civic Association
- Food Bank of South Jersey
- Girls Inc.
- Holman Automotive
- KIPP Cooper Norcross Lanning Square Primary
- KIPP Cooper Norcross Lanning Square Middle
- KIPP Cooper Norcross Whittier Middle
- Lanning Square West Residents in Action
- Nicholson Foundation
- Rowan University
- Rutgers University - Camden
- Southern New Jersey Perinatal Cooperative
- Subaru of America
- United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern NJ
- U.S. Wiggins College Preparatory Lab Family School
- YMCA of Greater Philadelphia