Become a Mentor
Help shape someone's tomorrow. Become a mentor today.
Do you want to make a difference in the life of a young person? Are you patient, flexible, and a good listener? Will you volunteer your time to be a mentor?
As a mentor you can spend quality time with a young person to improve their self-esteem, promote positive youth development, help them deal with day to day challenges, and most importantly, have fun!
What is required to become a mentor?
- be at least 21 years of age
- complete our intensive mentorship training
- submit to a criminal background check
- commit to at least 2 hours per week for a minimum of 1 year
Your help is needed. Be a Mentor
As a mentor, you can make a positive impact on the life of a child. Mentors are currently needed to support a child who has faced overwhelming services. You can provide the support a child needs. Be a mentor a help a child
- A child who has a minor offense in the youth justice system. As a mentor, you can provide support and guidance that can open new opportunities for a child and prevent further involvement in the justice system.
- A child who has been impacted by a family member's addiction. As a mentor, you can provide the support that will help a child to cope and build resiliency.
For more info contact
US Department of Justice, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention