Guidelines for Transferring
Program Transfer Guidelines for CFS employees
- An employee must work a minimum of six months in their current position and have successfully completed their orientation period.
- An employee may request details regarding a position without notifying their immediate supervisor.
- An employee is required to give their immediate supervisor notice of their interest in the position once an interview is completed and they remain a candidate for the job.
- CFS management staff will share information regarding job performance.
- The hiring supervisor must check with human resources to see if the employee is in good standing, has any outstanding personnel issues or investigations, etc.
- The supervisor advertising the job will contact the current supervisor upon completion of the interview.
- An employee must give their immediate supervisor notice of one month.
Before an employee transfers, he or she must complete all paperwork requirements of the previous position. The employee's annual evaluation date will change to the date of the start of the new position. They will not be eligible for an annual increase until one year from the start of the new position (Section 4.30 of Personnel Policies & Procedures).