Center For Family Services Highlights Community Unity at 2nd Annual Neighborhood Block Party
Camden, NJ – Approximately 250 Camden residents joined Center For Family Services for its 2nd Annual Neighborhood Block Party on Saturday, July 27th. The block party, which was held at Whitman Square, is one of several key community events designed to engage, educate and empower residents presented as part of the Camden Promise Neighborhood initiative.
“This year’s Neighborhood Block Party was another opportunity to bring families together, build relationships and strengthen partnerships in the community” said Merilee Rutolo, COO, Center For Family Services.
The Neighborhood Block Party was a kick-off to a series of family-friendly events that will occur at Whitman Square Park geared toward community unity. The events, which are open to the public, will be held each Thursday during the month of August. Activities include a movie night, slime workshop, painting party and backpack give-away. For more information about the Whitman Square Summer Fun series, contact Jenise Rolle, Community Outreach Organizer at 856-964-2100, ext. 10121.
About Center For Family Services
Center For Family Services is a strong and innovative non-profit organization whose mission is to support and empower individuals, families, and communities to achieve a better life through vision, hope and strength. Inspired by the success of the Harlem Children’s Zone, the Camden Promise Neighborhood initiative provides a comprehensive network of free programs and services designed to support children from birth to college, career and beyond to position families for success.
Camden Promise Neighborhood Team
- Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers
- Camden City School District
- Camden County College
- Camden County Police Department
- Camden High School
- Campbell Soup Company
- Center For Family Services
- City of Camden
- Community Planning and Advocacy Council
- Community Residents
- Cooper Foundation
- Cooper University Hospital
- Cooper Medical School at Rowan University
- Cooper Lanning Civic Association
- Food Bank of South Jersey
- Girls Inc.
- Holman Automotive
- KIPP Cooper Norcross Lanning Square Primary
- KIPP Cooper Norcross Lanning Square Middle
- KIPP Cooper Norcross Whittier Middle
- Lanning Square West Residents in Action
- Nicholson Foundation
- Rowan University
- Rutgers University - Camden
- Southern New Jersey Perinatal Cooperative
- Subaru of America
- United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern NJ
- U.S. Wiggins College Preparatory Lab Family School
- YMCA of Greater Philadelphia