Mission & Shared Values
Camden Promise Neighborhood is a place-based, collective impact effort to improve opportunities for children growing up in Camden. The Camden Promise Neighborhood team of partners and providers is invested in:
- Remaining community-based and focused on local community needs
- Maximizing educational achievements for children
- Ensuring that each of the individual programs within the initiative is effective
- Fostering strong links across programs to ensure smooth transitions and continuous services for families
The mission of the Camden Promise Neighborhood is to increase opportunities and improve outcomes for all children, including future generations of children who live in the target area, by working with and supporting parents and children as they focus on success, value education, work hard and go on to obtain college and career opportunities.
The vision of the Camden Promise Neighborhood is to drive efforts, resources and strategies to significantly improve educational and developmental outcomes of the children and youth in the target neighborhood, from birth to college and career, while greatly strengthening the social, communal, and familial infrastructures that support and nurture their success.
1. All children and families have the potential to be successful.
The Camden Promise Neighborhood partners will be intentional in providing comprehensive services to families in a holistic way. Partners will identify overall family needs at time of intake and refer within the pipeline to ensure all needs are addressed.
2. Solutions will be family-focused, culturally-competent, and community-based.
The Camden Promise Neighborhood partners will create localized opportunities for families living in the target area to receive services and access resources that promote overall family well-being. Programs and service provision will reflect the needs of families in neighborhoods within the target area.
3. Efforts will be driven by data and evidence-based or evidence-informed practice.
The Camden Promise Neighborhood partners will serve the target population through programs and interventions that are based on strong to moderate evidence whenever possible. The partners will track performance and programmatic data as it pertains to the GPRA measures.
4. Collaboration is necessary.
The Camden Promise Neighborhood understands that no single organization can meet the comprehensive needs of families in the target area. Partners recognize the benefit of working collaboratively and braiding resources to build a seamless continuum of services through which families can transition easily and successfully.
5. Creating a culture of promise.
The Camden Promise Neighborhood partners commit to collaboratively provide opportunities for children and families in the target area and contribute to building a culture of possibility and attainment for all.
6. Priority to children in Promise Neighborhood footprint.
The Camden Promise Neighborhood partners will give priority to supporting families in the target area when possible.
Camden Promise Neighborhood Team
- Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers
- Camden City School District
- Camden County College
- Camden County Police Department
- Camden High School
- Campbell Soup Company
- Center For Family Services
- City of Camden
- Community Planning and Advocacy Council
- Community Residents
- Cooper Foundation
- Cooper University Hospital
- Cooper Medical School at Rowan University
- Cooper Lanning Civic Association
- Food Bank of South Jersey
- Girls Inc.
- Holman Automotive
- KIPP Cooper Norcross Lanning Square Primary
- KIPP Cooper Norcross Lanning Square Middle
- KIPP Cooper Norcross Whittier Middle
- Lanning Square West Residents in Action
- Nicholson Foundation
- Rowan University
- Rutgers University - Camden
- Southern New Jersey Perinatal Cooperative
- Subaru of America
- United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern NJ
- U.S. Wiggins College Preparatory Lab Family School
- YMCA of Greater Philadelphia