About Camden Promise Neighborhood
The Camden Promise Neighborhood is a birth to college to career pathway of comprehensive services designed to increase opportunities for children to reach their full potential. The Promise Neighborhood team is led by Center For Family Services and includes community residents and community based organizations. The team is committed to providing children with access to great schools and strong systems of family and community support. Together we offer programs designed to saturate the neighborhood with services to reach children at every age and every stage of development and create a neighborhood of opportunity where children can follow a pathway to college and career. Through a collective impact approach, Camden Promise Neighborhood offers a results-driven continuum of supports to address the education, health, food access, safety and other needs of families in the footprint.
Camden City is proud to be a recipient of 2017 Federal Promise Neighborhoods implementation funding from the US Department of Education. Promise Neighborhoods, based on Geoffrey Canada's Harlem Children's Zone model, aim to create a comprehensive pipeline of services and a cradle through college and career path leading to positive change for children and families.
The Promise Neighborhoods award brings $30M to Camden over five years and supports the development and implementation of a pipeline of comprensive birth-to-college-and-career services to reach children at every age and stage of development.
The Camden Promise Neighborhood implementation grant is focused on four contiguous Camden neighborhoods - Cooper Lanning, Bergen Square, and parts of Centerville and Liberty Park and children attending schools in those neighborhoods - U.S. Wiggins College Preparatory Lab Family School, KIPP Cooper Norcross Lanning Square Primary, KIPP Cooper Norcross Lanning Square Middle, KIPP Cooper Norcross Whittier Middle School, and Camden High School, and the just under 14,500 individuals living and learning in these areas.
Camden Promise Neighborhood Team
- Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers
- Camden City School District
- Camden County College
- Camden County Police Department
- Camden High School
- Campbell Soup Company
- Center For Family Services
- City of Camden
- Community Planning and Advocacy Council
- Community Residents
- Cooper Foundation
- Cooper University Hospital
- Cooper Medical School at Rowan University
- Cooper Lanning Civic Association
- Food Bank of South Jersey
- Girls Inc.
- Holman Automotive
- KIPP Cooper Norcross Lanning Square Primary
- KIPP Cooper Norcross Lanning Square Middle
- KIPP Cooper Norcross Whittier Middle
- Lanning Square West Residents in Action
- Nicholson Foundation
- Rowan University
- Rutgers University - Camden
- Southern New Jersey Perinatal Cooperative
- Subaru of America
- United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern NJ
- U.S. Wiggins College Preparatory Lab Family School
- YMCA of Greater Philadelphia