A local service program that engages members in a direct service role in our Head Start pre-k classrooms.
Serve as an AmeriCorps State/National member in our Promise Corps NJ program, a direct service program at our Head Start pre-school sites.
Through Promise Corps NJ, AmeriCorps State/National members provide direct service in our Head Start classrooms. Both full time and part-time direct service positions are currently available. This service position offers a stipend and other great benefits and provides a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the field of early childhood education. Service members work alongside teachers in the classroom to help prepare children for kindergarten and long-term educational success.
Benefits for Promise Corps NJ members include:
- Direct classroom experience
- Extensive training in Early Childhood Education, positive behavior management, family engagement, and other pertinent topics.
- A living stipend
- Health Coverage (Full-time members only)
- Childcare (Full-time members only)
- An Education Award at successful completion of service , and forbearance on current student loans during the term of service
Qualifications / Requirements
All positions are contingent upon drug screening, criminal background checks, and medical testing including physical and PPD. The following are the qualifications/requirements for full-time and part-time direct service positions as an AmeriCorps State/National member within the Promise Corps NJ program:
- Minimum of an Associate's degree in Education, Early Childhood Education (ECE), Child Development or related field or proof of enrollment in continuing education.
Our Promise Corps NJ program is funded through the Corporation of National and Community Service (CNCS).
Email our Promise Corps NJ Manager, Kelsey Sanderson or by phone at 856.964.2100 x10137 or 856.449.9217 for more information.
Apply to Serve
To apply for a full-time or part-time service position with our Promise Corps program, please fill out the inquiry form below.