Innovative initiative connecting Camden City young adults with job opportunities.
Over the course of one year, young adults will have an opportunity to receive stipends while working towards completing their high school diploma and participating in on-the-job training opportunities. Individuals can enroll in college classes and receive occupational training in one of six areas, providing the opportunity to obtain industry recognized credentials. The six areas include:
- Website Design
- Certified Nursing Assistance
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Culinary Arts
- Carpentry Construction
- Cisco Networking
To provide support, Camden Corps Plus offers mentoring and stipends for community service activities, career sampling, and paid internships. Case management, support services, job placement assistance, and meaningful work experience are all components of the Camden Corps Plus program.
Individuals who successfully complete all program components will receive a New Jersey endorsed high school diploma.
Young adults who successfully complete all of the program components and pass all required testing will receive:
- New Jersey endorsed high school diploma
- An industry recognized credential through one of six occupational areas
- Certificate of work experience
- Career sampling and paid internships
- Stipends for participation
- Mentoring and case management support services
Camden City youth age 16-24 who want to:
- Earn their high school diploma or equivalency, and
- Complete training and gain employment
How to Apply
Camden Corps Plus is currently recruiting young adults between the ages of 16-24 who are committed to obtaining educational and occupational training opportunities. For more information Contact us by email or call 856.466.6628.
- Center For Family Services
- The City of Camden
- Camden County College
- State of New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- Rutgers University – Camden
- Camden County
Camden Corps Plus is Federally funded by USDOL.
Camden Corps Plus provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.