The Recovery Network for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing outpatient program provides services to individuals experiencing substance use disorders who are Deaf, hard of hearing or who have hearing loss. All services are provided by staff that are fluent in American Sign Language (ASL) and culturally sensitive to the Deaf community. Treatment is an enhanced outpatient level of care and includes family therapy. Now, more than 20 years after its creation, The Center’s Recovery Network Program remains the only substance use disorder program in New Jersey dedicated to providing services for the Deaf community.
As a statewide program, the Recovery Network offers mobile counseling services to members of the Deaf, hard of hearing, and hearing loss community at locations such as licensed substance use treatment facilities throughout the state of New Jersey. ASL fluent staff provide services including assessment with referral and case management as a way to provide the best level of communication between the client and service provider.
Recovery Network services include:
- Outpatient treatment - group counseling, individual counseling, family treatment
- Case management
- Mobile assessment and treatment
- Communication Access services (e.g. interpreters for state licensed detox/rehab facilities)
- Aftercare service
- Educating the Deaf, hard of hearing, and hearing loss community about the influence of addiction
Outpatient Group Counseling:
Counseling groups are an important part of the Recovery Network. Please contact us for current group times.
- South: Groups are offered twice a week at Center For Family Services, 108 Somerdale Road, Voorhees, NJ
- North: Groups and individual counseling offered in Paterson and Newark
- Mobile Services: Please ask about our current locations
ASL Interpreted Twelve Step Meetings:
- Narcotics Anonymous -Thursdays from 7:30-8:30pm at Center For Family Services Living Proof Recovery Center, 108 Somerdale Road, Voorhees, NJ
- Narcotics Anonymous - Tuesdays from 12:00pm-1:30pm at Eva's Village Recovery Center, 393 Main Street, Paterson, NJ 07051
For a complete list of ASL Interpreted 12 Step Meetings throughout New Jersey, visit Signs of Sobriety, Inc.
12 Steps in ASL
Owning Our Decisions: Drug Awareness in ASL (Alcohol)
Owning our Decisions: Drug Awareness in ASL (Marijuana)