Case Manager (Bilingual Spanish & English)
Center for Family Services is seeking an individual with experience counseling high-risk youth and families for the Case Manager position at the Juntos Program. The Case Manager is a motivated, culturally sensitive individual who is dedicated to the care of program youth. The Case Management Team will coordinate and provide individual and group living skills assessments and training for all youth within the Juntos program as well as monitor and perform individualized life skills instruction. The Case Manager will work as part of the Case Management Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs case management and advocates for the youth assigned to their caseload and is on call, on a rotating basis, to maintain 24-hour emergency case management coverage
- Performs other crisis intervention, counseling, youth supervision and other related activities as necessary to meet 24-hour operational activities of shelter program
- Coordinates and provides individualized life skills instruction, including ensuring the completion of an individualized life skills plans for each resident
- Designs a sponsor reunification plan for each youth assigned to their caseload and updates the plan on a weekly basis
- Transports youth in caseload at the onset of a youth's shelter placement and to various appointments including medical, recreational, educational, and employment appointments
To apply, please submit salary requirements and cover letter.
- Certified Social Worker (CSW) or equivalent certification, if applicable.
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree or related field, or extensive experience.
- Three to five years’ experience working with youth
- Two years’ experience counseling high-risk youth and families, one-year experience in providing group counseling services
- Excellent written documentation and data entry skills
- Required to contribute to a highly detailed electronic health record and in other related systems
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (conversational Spanish required, fluent Spanish preferred)
- Current driver's license with a great driving record of at least three years
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration
- Must successfully submit to and pass medical, criminal, motor vehicle and other background checks