Center For Family Services is committed to professional development in the area of human services, and has an extensive program of student internships. To be considered for an internship, the student must meet the following criteria:
- Be a student enrolled in a college or university;
- Be registered for college credits for a field experience or internship; or be enrolled in a class that requires a specific number of hours of community contact;
- Have a college instructor or liaison monitoring field experience;
- Be aware of specific learning objects as outlined by their school or class.
- Be interested in an internship placement at Center For Family Services (all placement location sites are located in southern New Jersey)
Internships generally last an entire semester, some programs require two or more semesters. Internships are generally for a specified number of hours per semester. College credit is dependent on the student having successfully completed the internship.
Center For Family Services works with each student to determine a placement which will meet the students learning objectives, in coordination with their liaison. The needs and resources of the Center are also considered in arranging student internships.
Interns at the Center are considered staff, and as such must complete various orientations and training's. Depending on the program and location at CFS, interns may also have to complete various drug and other medical screens, criminal background and motor vehicle checks. Interns accepted at CFS are covered by CFS insurance.
Each intern at CFS will have a direct program supervisor, providing regular supervision to guide learning, complete learning contracts and evaluations.
Interns are not considered volunteers as there is a distinct agreement between the student, the school and the Center, to meet the students learning objectives.
The Center hosts an average of 40 students annually, from over 25 regional colleges and universities, in associate, baccalaureate, masters, doctoral, and post doctorate programs.
Interested in inquiring about an internship opportunity? Please complete the following information and attach a cover letter and resume.
Please note: In addition to completing the form below and uploading your resume and cover letter, please also email resume and cover letter to Sue Bergmann.
- About Us
- Get Involved
- Donate Online