Center for Family Services is seeking an experienced individual for the Substance Abuse Counselor position within its Adult Substance Abuse Program. This individual works with Substance Abuse Services which aims to help the many individuals affected in some way by the disease of addiction. The program helps people experiencing problems with drugs and alcohol find the support they need to get their lives back on track.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Substance Abuse Counselor is a key member of the Adult Substance Abuse Program team. This position serves a gender specific program for men. The Substance Abuse Counselor conducts assessments, facilitate groups, individual and family sessions for the outpatient/intensive outpatient men’s substance use disorder program. Co-occurring and trauma experience preferred.
- Master’s Degree required
- Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor (with other clinical license preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a substance use disorder program setting with own case load
- Drug Court, NJSAMS, CBT, and motivational training (preferred)
- Excellent driving skills and current driver's license with a driving record of at least three years
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration