Center for Family Services is seeking motivated, culturally sensitive and compassionate individuals for the Residential Counselor positions for the Juntos Program. The Residential Counselor will be a key member of the program’s team by providing direct counseling services and support to children and teens in the program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engages in caring supervision and structure for youth in residence which is consistent with stated goals and objectives
- Provides life skills education and goal setting groups
- Co-leads recreation and physical education activities scheduled during shift
- Provides one-to-one assistance and engages youth
- Provides transportation to and from appointments
- Serves as a positive role model
To apply, please submit salary requirements and cover letter.
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree or related field or High School Diploma and extensive experience
- Excellent written documentation and data entry skills
- Required to contribute to a highly detailed electronic health record and in other related systems
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (conversational Spanish required, fluent Spanish preferred)
- Current driver's license with a great driving record of at least three years
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration
- Must successfully submit to and pass medical, criminal, motor vehicle and other background checks