Residential Advocate (Overnights Sat and Sun 12a -8a)
We are looking for experienced, responsible, and organized individuals to fill the Residential Advocate position working with the Services Empowering Rights of Victims (SERV) program. SERV provides crisis intervention, counseling, and support to survivors of sexual violence, domestic violence, and human trafficking. The program provides personalized care to help people follow a path to healing. The Residential Advocate must successfully complete 40 hour Domestic Violence training and the New Jersey State Confidential Sexual Violence Advocate Training provided by SERV.
Duties and Responsibilities:
They answer all hotline calls/administrative calls as well as offer crisis intervention, phone counseling, and referrals for victims and survivors of sexual violence and domestic violence. The Residential Advocate provides intake for incoming residents and maintains residential client files. The Residential Advocate assists with maintaining the Safe House including cleaning, organizing, making photocopies and completing daily duties. They provide house meetings for residents, assist all residents with requirements needed to ensure their well-being and provide victims with case-related medical and legal information. The Residential Advocate assists with the on-call schedule as needed and assists with office procedures pertinent to the operations of the program. The Residential Advocate ensures the safety and security of the Safe House Campus and ensures the residents follow Safe House Expectations.
To apply, please submit salary requirements and cover letter.
- High school diploma (Associates Degree preferred)
- Must successfully complete 40 hour Domestic Violence training
- Experience dealing with families or individuals in crisis, experience in a residential setting
- Avalibility for weekday overnights and schedule flexibility for evenings and holidays
- Current driver's license with an excellent driving record of at least three years
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration