We are looking for experienced, responsible, and organized individuals to fill 1-2 Residential Advocate positions working with the Services Empowering Rights of Victims (SERV) program. SERV provides crisis intervention, counseling, and support to survivors of sexual violence, domestic violence, and human trafficking. The program provides personalized care to help people follow a path to healing. Full Time and Part Time Positions are Available.
Duties and Responsibilities:
They answer all hotline calls/administrative calls as well as offer crisis-intervention, phone counseling, and referrals for victims and survivors of sexual violence and domestic violence. The Residential Advocate provides intake for incoming residents and maintains residential client files. The Residential Advocate assists with maintaining the Safe House including cleaning, organizing, making photocopies and completing daily duties. They provide house meetings for residents, assist all residents with requirements needed to ensure their well-being and provide victims with case-related medical and legal information. The Residential Advocate assists with the on-call schedule as needed and assists with office procedures pertinent to the operations of the program. The Residential Advocate ensures the safety and security of the Safe House Campus and ensures the residents follow Safe House Expectations.
To apply, please submit salary requirements and cover letter.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred, but not required
• Experience in advocacy, crisis-intervention and counseling
• Must be sensitive toward the needs of victims
• A minimum of 60 college credits or work experience and a high school diploma
• Current driver's license with a driving record of at least three years
• Vehicle with current insurance and registration