Center for Family Services is seeking an experienced Parenting Coach for the RENU program. RENU provides supervised and unsupervised visitations for parents and their children placed in foster care with the goal of family reunification. The Parenting Coach works both independently and with a team and is very flexible with strong time management skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Parenting Coach teaches parents basic parenting skills during supervised visits, demonstrates for families how to advocate for themselves and their children within the community, and establishes a trusting relationship with at-risk families by initiating and maintaining regular contact. This individual participates in establishing a family service plan with goals, objectives, and activities with a supervisor as well as demonstrates motivation to familiarize self with parent-child interactions and child development materials. The Parenting Coach acts as a liaison between families and other community agencies and acts as a resource convenor to schedule family team meetings. This individual uses behavior/cognitive approach and builds on family strengths to teach and model skills designed to improve family functioning. The Parenting Coach has a strong commitment to personal development, attends all required staff meetings, and conducts self as a role model in interactions with staff, colleagues, and funding sources in accordance with Center For Family Services’ Code of Ethics.
To apply, please submit salary requirements and cover letter.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field, commensurate experience in relevant field may be acceptable, Master’s Degree is preferred
- At least three years’ experience working with the program population
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Excellent driving skills and current driver's license with a driving record of at least three years
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration