Center for Family Services is seeking a motivated, culturally sensitive, organized and experienced individual for the Senior Residential Counselor position at the Juntos Program. The Senior Residential Counselor is dedicated to successfully reaching program goals, provides oversight to a large team of residential counselors, and ensures the health and well-being and daily living needs of program youth are met. Positions available are Full Time or Part Time Weekends. Floaters must be available and willing to "float" to cover shifts as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides supervision of Residential Counselors
- Assures the continuing training and development of program staff
- Assigns staff work schedules, makes appropriate changes when indicated
- Assists residential counselors in providing life skills education, counseling and other service delivery areas and coordinates recreation and physical education activities for the youth
- Coordinates appointments with Medical consultants and ensures all over-the-counter and prescription medication is on hand and correctly administered
To apply, please submit salary requirements and cover letter.
- Certified Social Worker (CSW) or equivalent certification, if applicable
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree or related field, or extensive experience
- Excellent written documentation and data entry skills
- Required to contribute to a highly detailed electronic health record and in other related systems
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (conversational Spanish required, fluent Spanish preferred)
- Excellent driving skills
- Be a licensed Driver for at least three years
- Must successfully submit to and pass medical, criminal, motor vehicle and other background checks