Head Start is seeking an experienced and professional educational professional for the Education Specialist position. The Education Specialist functions as a trainer for classroom staff, center managers, and volunteers, has specialized knowledge in training adults, conducts quality observations, monitors staff and volunteers on the implementation of weekly lesson plans, and gives quality written feedback and Individual Action Plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Education Specialist exercises good judgment in functioning as a trainer, performs administrative functions including completing reports, regularly scheduling meetings, and providing direct services and support to classroom and center based staff. This individual understands and embraces cultural awareness in ensuring compliance of State, Federal and other regulations of supporting best practices of Head Start Performance Standards and the agency’s Policies and Procedures. The Education Specialist is a problem solver, works in an organized and efficient manner, and handles conflict in a professional manner. This individual gives and carries out written and oral instructions, negotiates, persuades, and modifies opinions to reach the goals and objectives of Center For Family Services. The Education Specialist conducts self as a role model in interactions with staff and colleagues and has a desire to help educators and students succeed.
To apply, please submit salary requirements and cover letter.
- BA in Early Childhood Education or related field with coursework equivalents to a major in ECE, Master’s in ECE and P-3 certification preferred
- 2 years of supervisory experience working in a classroom setting
- Must meet current Head Start Mandates
- Must maintain First Aid and CPR certifications
- Excellent driving skills and current driver's license with a driving record of at least three years
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration