We are looking for a responsible, organized and dedicated Domsestic Violence Court Advocate for the Services Empowering Rights of Victims (SERV) program. This position requires being responsible for victim services, including case management, advocacy, and crisis counseling as well as presenting educational programs and assisting victims through procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The SERV DV Court Advocate provides crisis intervention and counseling to victims, family members, and significant others as well. They also accompany victims at area hospitals, police departments, prosecutor’s office, and court. They present educational programs in schools, community, church groups, and other professional organizations. The SERV DV Court Advocate assists with additional outreach efforts and attends scheduled events. The DV Court Advocate provides appropriate referrals for victims and coordinates and facilitates support groups as well as provides coverage for the 24-hour hotline. They participate in community collaboration meetings and the SERV Prevention Coalition and assist with office procedures.
To apply, please submit salary requirements and cover letter.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Criminal Justice or Human Services is preferred. Work experience may substitute for education
- Must complete 40 hour New Jersey State Confidential Sexual Violence Advocacy Training
- Must complete 40 hour Domestic Violence training provided by SERV
- Program administration experience
- Current driver's license with a driving record of at least three years
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration