Bilingual (Spanish & English) Family Counselor
Center for Family Services is seeking a master’s level counselor for the Family Counselor position. This is a full-time position in the evidence-based program, Multi-Systemic Therapy (MST), that provides in-home family counseling for youth and their families between the ages of 12- 17 1/2 throughout Camden County. Youth are at risk of out-of-home placement due to challenges with family and peer relationships. The Family Counselor provides all services in the home and is dedicated to successfully reaching program goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Family Counselor provides direct counseling services and may perform specialized activities and functions specific to the program. They work to strengthen family relationships, empower parents to monitor, protect and advocate for their children, and develop behavior plans that are monitored and reviewed weekly to encourage responsible behavior. They also develop unique personalized interventions to provide significant sustainable change. The Family Counselor is offered extensive and ongoing training and meets regularly with a supervisor, while also participating in other continuing professional development opportunities. They complete documentation and other reporting requirements and contribute on Agency committees and special tasks. The Family Counselor promotes a sense of agency with co-workers and staff and communicates in ways that support agency mission and values.
To apply, please submit salary requirements and cover letter.
- Master’s Degree
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) required
- Previous work with adolescents and in-home therapy
- Knowledge in cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing, family systems therapy, and strength-based approach techniques (willing to train)
- Must pass background check
- Current driver's license with a good driving record of at least three years
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration