Home › Serenity Children's Home Parent Recruitment ›
Serenity Children's Home Parent Recruitment
Make a difference in the life of a child-become a Shelter Home Parent!
Serenity Children’s Home program is actively recruiting families that meet our requirements for shelter home care.
A Shelter Home Parent is someone who is positively motivated to provide shelter home care to a child in need. Shelter Home Parents must be able to provide food, shelter, and clothing for the shelter home family. By becoming a Shelter Home Parent, you must be willing to work cooperatively with the shelter home Program Coordinator and staff and the New Jersey Division of Children and Families. You must also possess a realistic understanding of the positive and negative aspects of being a Shelter Home Parent.
Center For Family Services actively recruits Shelter Home Parents dedicated to working with children age 9-18 for temporary shelter care.
Adults interested in becoming Shelter Home Parents must meet the Serenity Children’s Home program requirements:
- Must be 25 years of age or older
- Have at least one year of experiences working with children (volunteer or job-related)
- Provider must have an alternate; either a co-provider, in-home alternate, or another licensed provider
- Must have a background free of crime
- Meet the physical health, mental, and emotional well-being to perform his/her duties
- Sufficient income or other means of financial support that is economically independent from payments received as shelter parents.
- Adequate space for the shelter chid
- Fully insured home and safe drinking water
- Valid NJ driver’s license and fully insured vehicle insurance
- Provide safe physical environment for child(ren)
- Demonstrate positive attitude towards youth and create a healthy environment in their home, and in the community
- Flexible schedules to meet the needs of the child(ren)
For more information please email email@example.com
- About Us
- Get Involved
- News & Events
- Donate Online